Swede coronation Saturday
Theme reflects ‘Anchorman’ movie.
It’s that time of year when junior and senior high school students participate in coronation activities.
During a pep rally last Thursday, coronation king and queen candidates were announced.Candidates are seniors Ross Ostendorf, Roy Slack and Rhett Lindholm and Aryn Meisiner, Kyndal Holmes and Emily Franzen.
Each grade in the high school also elected representatives for coronation. They are freshmen Dominic Long and Emma Ackerman, sophomores Caleb Rice and Kylee Beyea and juniors Dylan Folkers and Hailey Maline.
A coronation king and queen will be crowned and seniors will be recognized at 7:30 p.m. after the boys basketball game against Minden in the north gym.
The theme for this week’s activities is “Anchorman: The Legend of Swede Burgundy.”
On Monday, junior and senior high students were asked to dress up for “ ’70s Day.”
On Tuesday, students celebrated “America Day” and Wednesday, were asked to throw it back to old-school style with “Perm and Mustache Day.”
Students will show up on crutches or in slings Thursday to reflect “Injury Day.”
At the game on Saturday, they are asked to represent the student section by dressing in business attire.
There will be a dance, after the ceremony, in the Dudley Elementary gym from 9 p.m. to midnight. Doors close at 10 p.m.
Students are asked to sign up out-of-town guest at the office by Thursday at 1:30 p.m.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates