Brady school board votes against Porter’s renewal
Brady’s superintendent of schools may not be back in August.
During an open session of a Brady school board meeting Monday night, four board members voted not to extend the contract of William Porter Jr.
They were Lisa Diehl, Matt Hatch, Mary Ellen Mann and Bryan Franzen.
Two members, Marge Spencer and TJ Walker, voted to extend Porter’s contract.
Porter declined to comment on the vote Wednesday morning but did say he has requested an open hearing.
Porter has been superintendent of Brady Public Schools for five years.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST