Two injured in assault
Jail inmate faces more charges
A male and female victim of an assault were taken to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital Saturday afternoon.
Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber said sheriff deputies and local law enforcement and rescue personnel were called to a rural residence about 4:36 p.m.
There, Reiber said 39-year-old Kevin Bates was taken into custody.
Bates was being housed at the Dawson County Jail and was on work release when the alleged incident happened.
Bates was charged with the additional crimes of second-degree assault, third-degree domestic assault, false imprisonment and strangulation.
Rescue personnel transported a 31-year-old female and a male, 42, to the hospital where they were treated for injuries, he said.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates