Two injured in assault
Jail inmate faces more charges
A male and female victim of an assault were taken to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital Saturday afternoon.
Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber said sheriff deputies and local law enforcement and rescue personnel were called to a rural residence about 4:36 p.m.
There, Reiber said 39-year-old Kevin Bates was taken into custody.
Bates was being housed at the Dawson County Jail and was on work release when the alleged incident happened.
Bates was charged with the additional crimes of second-degree assault, third-degree domestic assault, false imprisonment and strangulation.
Rescue personnel transported a 31-year-old female and a male, 42, to the hospital where they were treated for injuries, he said.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics