Two injured in assault
Jail inmate faces more charges
A male and female victim of an assault were taken to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital Saturday afternoon.
Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber said sheriff deputies and local law enforcement and rescue personnel were called to a rural residence about 4:36 p.m.
There, Reiber said 39-year-old Kevin Bates was taken into custody.
Bates was being housed at the Dawson County Jail and was on work release when the alleged incident happened.
Bates was charged with the additional crimes of second-degree assault, third-degree domestic assault, false imprisonment and strangulation.
Rescue personnel transported a 31-year-old female and a male, 42, to the hospital where they were treated for injuries, he said.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500