Paulsen to start school addition this spring
Cozad contractor submits lowest bid
Paulsen Inc. has been awarded the bid for construction of a new science room and preschool at Brady Public Schools.
In a meeting Monday night, Brady school board members approved the Cozad contracting company’s low bid of $379,000. Contractors will start the project as soon as weather permits.
Other companies that bid on the project were TL Sund Constructors Inc. in Lexington for $439,530, Steels Roofing and Construction from North Platte for $444,325 and Wayne Dowhower Construction, also out of North Platte, bid for $484,000.
In other business, the board approved the purchase of a new school bus for the 2015 school year.
The school will pay $78,056 for a 2014 Blue Bird 53-passenger bus.
In a related matter, board members also approved transferring $25,000 from the school’s general fund into its depreciation fund to help buy the vehicle.
On another note, both of Brady’s gymnasium floors will be refinished this summer by JazMat Enterprises out of McCook.
JazMat was the only company to bid the project and will be paid $5,010.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics