Subdistrict starts on Monday
Gothenburg’s boys basketball team hopes to advance to the district championship Feb. 28.
The road starts in subdistricts against Highway 30 rival Cozad who has bested the Swedes two times this season.
Chase County, Cozad, Gothenburg, Hershey and Ogallala start competing in the C1-11 subdistricts Monday at Sutherland High School.
Official seedings show No. 4-seed Ogallala (3-17) taking on the No. 5-seed Hershey Panthers (3-18) at 7 p.m.
Tuesday night the No. 1-seed Chase County Longhorns (15-6) plays at 6 p.m. against the winner of Monday’s game with the winner advancing to the subdistrict championship.
Following that game at 7:30 p.m., the No. 3-seed Swedes(11-11) take on No. 2-seed Cozad (13-8) for an opportunity to play in the subdistrict finals Feb. 27 at 7:30 p.m.
In the previous two meetings Cozad beat Gothenburg 52-49 and won the Southwest Conference tournament matchup 47-37.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500