Subdistrict starts on Monday
Gothenburg’s boys basketball team hopes to advance to the district championship Feb. 28.
The road starts in subdistricts against Highway 30 rival Cozad who has bested the Swedes two times this season.
Chase County, Cozad, Gothenburg, Hershey and Ogallala start competing in the C1-11 subdistricts Monday at Sutherland High School.
Official seedings show No. 4-seed Ogallala (3-17) taking on the No. 5-seed Hershey Panthers (3-18) at 7 p.m.
Tuesday night the No. 1-seed Chase County Longhorns (15-6) plays at 6 p.m. against the winner of Monday’s game with the winner advancing to the subdistrict championship.
Following that game at 7:30 p.m., the No. 3-seed Swedes(11-11) take on No. 2-seed Cozad (13-8) for an opportunity to play in the subdistrict finals Feb. 27 at 7:30 p.m.
In the previous two meetings Cozad beat Gothenburg 52-49 and won the Southwest Conference tournament matchup 47-37.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates