Drugs seized near Gothenburg
A Sunday traffic stop on Interstate 80 near the Gothenburg exit led to the seizure of 122 pounds of marijuana and the arrest of a California resident.
Around 3:18 p.m., a Nebraska State Patrol trooper stopped an eastbound 2013 Chevy Impala for driving on the shoulder near the exit. The trooper was given consent to search the vehicle and the search led to the seizure of marijuana which was located in six duffel bags in the trunk of the car.
The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle, Toua Thao, 47, of Fresno, CA, was lodged in the Dawson County Jail on a charge of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.
- Area News Digest
- Swim team succeeds at Minden
- Fleetwood Mac tribute band headlines fair
- Dredging project continues at Jeffrey Lake
- UNL leading crop productivity research project
- Concert, color run, rodeo all part of Fourth of July events
- Offensive woes continue for senior melons
- Pony Express Re-ride