Passageway project proceeds
Easier access: If you’ve watched a track meet or attended a football game at Gothenburg High School, you may have experienced the difficulties of moving through the crowd. A $10,000 construction project, that started two weeks ago, will likely provide a route for spectators to make their way to different parts of the stadium area more easily. A passageway known as “the tunnel,” where football equipment was stored, has been cleaned out and remodeled. Maintenance director Jay Holmes said the project is “pretty straight forward,” noting that new doors and lights will be added as well as a paint job. Holmes said they hope to finish the project before the Swedes’ first track meet in mid April.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action