Two Gothenburg students earn Norall Scholarships
Two Gothenburg High School graduates are among the recipients of the Norall Scholarship for 2014-15.
The Gothenburg recipients are:
Tiffany Keiser, a 2005 GHS graduate, who is pursuing a doctor of estepathic medicine degree at A.T. Still University at Kirksville, MO.
Janae Wiggins, a 2011 GHS graduate, who is in the nursing program at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
The Norall Scholarship Trust was established in 1998 with a gift from Dr. Lee Norall and is administered by the Lexington Community Foundation. The trust provides scholarships to students from Dawson County with priority given to those pursuing a career in health care.
Graduates from Dawson County high schools who received the Norall Scholarship are enrolled in a variety of post-secondary and graduate programs. Many have the goal to return to this area once their education is completed. In the last 16 years, the Norall Scholarship selection committee has awarded $256,200 to 121 recipients.
Applications forms for the fall 2015/spring 2016 academic year will be available on the Lexington Community Foundation website: www.lexfoundation.org. Postmark deadline will be Feb. 28, 2015.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics