Two Gothenburg students earn Norall Scholarships
Two Gothenburg High School graduates are among the recipients of the Norall Scholarship for 2014-15.
The Gothenburg recipients are:
Tiffany Keiser, a 2005 GHS graduate, who is pursuing a doctor of estepathic medicine degree at A.T. Still University at Kirksville, MO.
Janae Wiggins, a 2011 GHS graduate, who is in the nursing program at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
The Norall Scholarship Trust was established in 1998 with a gift from Dr. Lee Norall and is administered by the Lexington Community Foundation. The trust provides scholarships to students from Dawson County with priority given to those pursuing a career in health care.
Graduates from Dawson County high schools who received the Norall Scholarship are enrolled in a variety of post-secondary and graduate programs. Many have the goal to return to this area once their education is completed. In the last 16 years, the Norall Scholarship selection committee has awarded $256,200 to 121 recipients.
Applications forms for the fall 2015/spring 2016 academic year will be available on the Lexington Community Foundation website: www.lexfoundation.org. Postmark deadline will be Feb. 28, 2015.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair