Lex beats Swedes in Lakeside dual
Gothenburg golfers are still seeking some good golf weather.
The Swedes battled Lexington in a dual April 1 amid cold and windy conditions at Lakeside Golf Course. The Minutemen prevailed, 175-194.
“We are having trouble with our short game right now,” Swede coach Don Graham said. “Because of the bad weather this spring, greens have not been very consistent…one green fast, the next slow.
“Everyone is dealing with this so we just have to figure out a way to judge things better.”
Adam Speck posted the low score for Gothenburg with a 43. Tyson Block of Lexington was the meet medalist with a 39.
Gothenburg’s reserves downed Lexington 214-238. The Swedes were led by Dominic Long with a 51.
North Platte St. Pat’s will host Gothenburg for a dual Thursday. The Swedes will play Tuesday in the Lexington Invitational.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics