Lex beats Swedes in Lakeside dual
Gothenburg golfers are still seeking some good golf weather.
The Swedes battled Lexington in a dual April 1 amid cold and windy conditions at Lakeside Golf Course. The Minutemen prevailed, 175-194.
“We are having trouble with our short game right now,” Swede coach Don Graham said. “Because of the bad weather this spring, greens have not been very consistent…one green fast, the next slow.
“Everyone is dealing with this so we just have to figure out a way to judge things better.”
Adam Speck posted the low score for Gothenburg with a 43. Tyson Block of Lexington was the meet medalist with a 39.
Gothenburg’s reserves downed Lexington 214-238. The Swedes were led by Dominic Long with a 51.
North Platte St. Pat’s will host Gothenburg for a dual Thursday. The Swedes will play Tuesday in the Lexington Invitational.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST