Franzen climbs all-time chart in shot
Gothenburg won five events in the Cozad Triangular girls track meet on April 1.
The non-scoring meet included the Swedes, Cozad and Brady.
Emily Franzen’s winning discus throw of 118-2 boosted her a spot to ninth on the Swede all-time chart. She also won the shot with a toss of 36-8.
Madi Gilg raced to first in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.37 seconds.
Sydney Gruber won the 3200-meter run with a 14:38.11 clocking.
Capturing first in the long jump with an effort of 15-8 was Kasey Wellmann.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30