Stories through song
entertainment: Singer and songwriter Pat Boilesen of Albion entertained at the Gothenburg Public Library last Wednesday. Her program, “Sing Me A Story: The Ballad of Yesterday and Today,” was sponsored by Humanities Nebraska and the Gothenburg Library Foundation. Boilesen said ballads are songs that tell stories and she shared several well-known ones and some she’s written herself. One, entitled “Prairie Fire,” was about helping to fight a prairie fire when she lived in Mullen. Her program was part of the library’s celebration of “National Library Week” which was April 13-19.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship