Stories through song
entertainment: Singer and songwriter Pat Boilesen of Albion entertained at the Gothenburg Public Library last Wednesday. Her program, “Sing Me A Story: The Ballad of Yesterday and Today,” was sponsored by Humanities Nebraska and the Gothenburg Library Foundation. Boilesen said ballads are songs that tell stories and she shared several well-known ones and some she’s written herself. One, entitled “Prairie Fire,” was about helping to fight a prairie fire when she lived in Mullen. Her program was part of the library’s celebration of “National Library Week” which was April 13-19.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested