Stories through song
entertainment: Singer and songwriter Pat Boilesen of Albion entertained at the Gothenburg Public Library last Wednesday. Her program, “Sing Me A Story: The Ballad of Yesterday and Today,” was sponsored by Humanities Nebraska and the Gothenburg Library Foundation. Boilesen said ballads are songs that tell stories and she shared several well-known ones and some she’s written herself. One, entitled “Prairie Fire,” was about helping to fight a prairie fire when she lived in Mullen. Her program was part of the library’s celebration of “National Library Week” which was April 13-19.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins