Lions donate Kindle to Brady student
Reading has gotten a little easier for Brady seventh-grader Dalton Mays.
On Jan. 5, the Brady Lions Club presented Mays with a Kindle and some electronic books to be loaded on it.
Mays has a rare visual disorder called Best’s disease, a hereditary form of progressive macular dystrophy.
Mays’ eyesight has been slowly deteriorating over the past couple of years making it difficult for him to read the small print of books.
The Amazon Kindle is an electronic device which can hold multiple digital books, allowing Mays to enlarge the print so that he can read more easily.
Sight conservation is one of several international Lions Club service projects.
Mays is the son of Steve and Gerri Hild of Brady.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins