Self expression: The second of three rounds of Gothenburg High School’s seventh annual poetry slam was April 23 at Deb’s Diner, Bakery & Daylight Donuts. Right, participants are, l-r: First row—Blayr McMichael, Drake Langley, Bailey Morton, Keely Lecher, Blaire Gibbens, Leslee Seitsinger, Connor McCoy; Second row—Courtney Melvin, James Shuman, Gage Taylor, Brandon Stevens, Hayden Hubbard; Third row—Kyann Leviner, Roman Schmidt, Josh Reinhardt, Dylan Folkers, Bryce Kowalewski. Left, ive students advanced to final competition of poetry slam at Stone Hearth Estate this week. They are Dylan France, Bailey Morton, Roman Schmidt, Gage Taylor and Courtney Melvin.
Participants in the annual event are English 10 students, taught by Roxanne Whiting. Participant Leslee Seitsinger said the event allows students to express themselves in a different way than they thought they could. Left is Courtney Melvin as she performs her poetry selection.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair