Seniors awarded local and college scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS: A large number of Gothenburg High School seniors were recognized for receiving scholarships to four and two-year colleges and universities during Honor’s Night Monday night in the performing arts center.
Honor’s Night emcee and guidance counselor Jerry Wiggins said scholarships for higher education for the Class of 2014 totalled nearly $900,000. Recipients of the scholarships, who remained for a photograph, included: First row—Roy Slack, Blake Ristine, Trenton Long, Carson Messersmith; Second row—Courtney Brown, Aryn Meisinger, Kyndal Holmes, Brett Mann, Kayla Trevino, Kelsey Kuhlman, Ashley Wilkerson; Third row—Carlin Daharsh, Taylor Mroczek, Rebecca Anderson, Emily Franzen, Rachel Rice, Abbie Mazour and Betsy Potter.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair