Seniors awarded local and college scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS: A large number of Gothenburg High School seniors were recognized for receiving scholarships to four and two-year colleges and universities during Honor’s Night Monday night in the performing arts center.
Honor’s Night emcee and guidance counselor Jerry Wiggins said scholarships for higher education for the Class of 2014 totalled nearly $900,000. Recipients of the scholarships, who remained for a photograph, included: First row—Roy Slack, Blake Ristine, Trenton Long, Carson Messersmith; Second row—Courtney Brown, Aryn Meisinger, Kyndal Holmes, Brett Mann, Kayla Trevino, Kelsey Kuhlman, Ashley Wilkerson; Third row—Carlin Daharsh, Taylor Mroczek, Rebecca Anderson, Emily Franzen, Rachel Rice, Abbie Mazour and Betsy Potter.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500