Seniors awarded local and college scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS: A large number of Gothenburg High School seniors were recognized for receiving scholarships to four and two-year colleges and universities during Honor’s Night Monday night in the performing arts center.
Honor’s Night emcee and guidance counselor Jerry Wiggins said scholarships for higher education for the Class of 2014 totalled nearly $900,000. Recipients of the scholarships, who remained for a photograph, included: First row—Roy Slack, Blake Ristine, Trenton Long, Carson Messersmith; Second row—Courtney Brown, Aryn Meisinger, Kyndal Holmes, Brett Mann, Kayla Trevino, Kelsey Kuhlman, Ashley Wilkerson; Third row—Carlin Daharsh, Taylor Mroczek, Rebecca Anderson, Emily Franzen, Rachel Rice, Abbie Mazour and Betsy Potter.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout