Seniors awarded local and college scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS: A large number of Gothenburg High School seniors were recognized for receiving scholarships to four and two-year colleges and universities during Honor’s Night Monday night in the performing arts center.
Honor’s Night emcee and guidance counselor Jerry Wiggins said scholarships for higher education for the Class of 2014 totalled nearly $900,000. Recipients of the scholarships, who remained for a photograph, included: First row—Roy Slack, Blake Ristine, Trenton Long, Carson Messersmith; Second row—Courtney Brown, Aryn Meisinger, Kyndal Holmes, Brett Mann, Kayla Trevino, Kelsey Kuhlman, Ashley Wilkerson; Third row—Carlin Daharsh, Taylor Mroczek, Rebecca Anderson, Emily Franzen, Rachel Rice, Abbie Mazour and Betsy Potter.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics