Swede girls claim first SWC Cup
Gothenburg’s girls have knocked Minden off the top of the Southwest Conference Cup standings.
The Whippet girls have won the cup in each of its four years of existence. That is, until this year.
Points for the cut are figured from the results of competitions among Southwest Conference teams in 13 sports and activities: girls and boys golf, girls and boys cross country, volleyball, girls and boys basketball, wrestling, girls and boys track, speech, Quiz Bowl and one-act play.
Gothenburg’s girls totaled 62.3 points to claim the cup this year. Ogallala was the runner-up with 47.3 points.
The Swedes placed first or second in all but one activity. First place rankings were earned in speech, girls track and Quiz Bowl.
The Swede boys placed second to Cozad in the boys standings. The Haymakers totaled 58 points while Gothenburg finished with 52.5.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price