SWC basketball begins Monday
Both boys and girls at home for first round.
Brackets are set for the 2010 Southwest Conference basketball tournament which begins with boys action on Monday.
The Minden boys have earned the top seed in the tournament and will not play in the first round but will host the winner of Ogallala and Valentine in the semi-finals on Thursday, Jan. 28.
Other first-round games have Broken Bow at Gothenburg and Cozad at Ainsworth on Monday.
Winners of those two games will play at the top seeded school, also on Thursday.
Both the boys championship and consolation games will be played at Lexington High School on Saturday, Jan. 30.
Losers of the semi-finals games will square off for third place at 2:45 p.m. with the championship set for 6:15 p.m.
Girls SWC tournament action begins on Tuesday.
The Swedes will host Cozad at 7 p.m. Other first-round action includes Ainsworth at Ogallala and Broken Bow at Valentine.
Minden earned the top seed and a first-round bye. The Whippets will host the winner of the Gothenburg-Cozad game at 7 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 29.
The other semi-final game will be played at the site of the highest seeded first-round winner.
Like the boys, the girls SWC finals and third-place games will be played at Lexington on Saturday, Jan. 30.
The consolation game is at 1 p.m with the championship at 4:30 p.m.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics