Bit by bit
TALL TASK: Workers from Terry’s Tree Service of Lexington started from the top of the giant cottonwood tree on North Market Street Thursday, taking the century-old landmark down piece by piece. Village board members agreed with a tree board recommendation in April that the mostly-dead tree that stands partly on Lane and Dee Ann Birkel’s property should be removed. After a land survey and trunk analysis, trustees voted in June to spend what remained of the Shady Brady tree grant to have the tree cut down.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship