Battle of the Bands
LOW RIDERS: The Brady High School band advanced to the second round of KNOP-TV’s Battle of the Bands finishing with 659 votes behind Wallace with 777. The band, under the direction of Val Pohlman, was filmed for the next segment on Thursday morning playing the song “Low Rider,” a Billboard No. 1 originally recorded by the group War in 1975.
The public is encouraged to log on to www.knopnews2.com and vote in the second round. In addition to Brady and Wallace, Hershey and Perkins County continue in the competition between area bands. Two will advance to the final round and the winner will receive a pizza party.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.