Battle of the Bands
LOW RIDERS: The Brady High School band advanced to the second round of KNOP-TV’s Battle of the Bands finishing with 659 votes behind Wallace with 777. The band, under the direction of Val Pohlman, was filmed for the next segment on Thursday morning playing the song “Low Rider,” a Billboard No. 1 originally recorded by the group War in 1975.
The public is encouraged to log on to www.knopnews2.com and vote in the second round. In addition to Brady and Wallace, Hershey and Perkins County continue in the competition between area bands. Two will advance to the final round and the winner will receive a pizza party.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC