Speech team wins SHC title
All 15 Brady competitors medal.
STAPLETON—With six first-place finishes in nine events, the Brady speech team captured the Sandhills Conference title at Stapleton on Feb. 24.
Every member of the team earned a medal in fourth place or above.
It was the first time, according to coach Cindy Kuklis, that all Brady competitors placed in a meet.
Three Eagles earned two gold medals each.
Senior Chevas Shaw won both the entertainment speaking and the extemporaneous speaking events.
Fellow senior Danielle Gutherless took first in both oral interpretation of poetry and serious prose.
Freshman Sierra Quadhamer earned her first varsity titles in persuasive speaking and oral interpretation of humorous prose.
The Eagles compete in the D1-5 district speech meet at Anselmo-Merna High School on Monday for a chance to perform at state on Friday, March 19, in Kearney.
Other SHC medalists include:
Ethan Callahan—Oral interpretation of serious prose.
Taina Taullie and Amanda Lunkwitz—Duet acting.
Amanda Lunkwitz—Oral interpretation of humorous prose.
Micah Most—Informative speaking.
Jessica Schrad—Oral interpretation of poetry.
Jeff Simants, Kyle Pohlman, Tyler Egenberger, Brad Ward and Brodie Sullivan-Bock—Oral interpretation of drama.
Ethan Callahan and Jessica Schrad—Duet acting.
Micah Most—Entertainment speaking.
Lincoln Blede, Ryan Porter, Zach Mann, Preston Franzen and Kaleb Arterburn—Oral interpretation of drama.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout