Eileen Nelson, 89 - June 12, 2013Eileen R. (Rubenthaler) Nelson, 89, of Austin, TX, originally of Nebraska, passed away Wednesday, June 12, 2013.
Graveside services will be conducted at 11 a.m. on Friday, June 14, at the First Evangelical Free Cemetery of Austin.
Nelson had been a longtime resident of Austin but still called Nebraska her home, according to family members. She passed peacefully in the care of Round Rock Hospice.
She is preceded in death by: her husband of 56 years, Calvin A. Nelson; two sons—Gary L. Nelson and Brian Nelson.
Survivors include: her daughter, Caleen Boatright (partner, Jessica Gutierrez) of Round Rock; a brother, Jim (Marilyn) Rubenthaler of Gothenburg; granddaughter, Tracy (James) Boatright Dixon of Taylor; four great-grandchildren—Jamal, James, Jayla and Jazmin Dixon; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Arrangements are under the direction of Beck Funeral Home, 15709 Ranch Rd. 620, Austin, TX, 78717.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates