Ilene Joyce Koch, 81 - August 21, 2013Ilene Joyce (Pfeiffer) Koch, 81, of Missouri, originally of Gothenburg area, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, at her home.
Services were conducted on Monday, Aug. 26, at the Day Funeral Home in Marshfield, MO.
Koch was born to Oswald F. Pfeiffer and Dorothy M. (Niederberger) Pfeiffer on March 1, 1932, at Frontier County.
She graduated from Arapahoe High School in 1950 before teaching school for several years.
On Nov. 27, 1955, she married Clarence T. Koch. To this union, three daughters were born.
Koch and her family resided on a farm along the Platte River near Gothenburg.
In 1980, they moved to Phillipsburg, MO, Then left in 1987 to Scottsdale, AZ, but decided to return to Missouri in 1997, retiring near Conway.
Survivors include: her husband, Clarence; her three daughters—Joyce, Shirley and Judith; two sisters—Gladys Shafer and Mildred Post; a brother, Merle Pfeiffer; numerous nieces and nephews.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to the Conway Memorial Library and the Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities