Ilene Joyce Koch, 81 - August 21, 2013Ilene Joyce (Pfeiffer) Koch, 81, of Missouri, originally of Gothenburg area, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, at her home.
Services were conducted on Monday, Aug. 26, at the Day Funeral Home in Marshfield, MO.
Koch was born to Oswald F. Pfeiffer and Dorothy M. (Niederberger) Pfeiffer on March 1, 1932, at Frontier County.
She graduated from Arapahoe High School in 1950 before teaching school for several years.
On Nov. 27, 1955, she married Clarence T. Koch. To this union, three daughters were born.
Koch and her family resided on a farm along the Platte River near Gothenburg.
In 1980, they moved to Phillipsburg, MO, Then left in 1987 to Scottsdale, AZ, but decided to return to Missouri in 1997, retiring near Conway.
Survivors include: her husband, Clarence; her three daughters—Joyce, Shirley and Judith; two sisters—Gladys Shafer and Mildred Post; a brother, Merle Pfeiffer; numerous nieces and nephews.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to the Conway Memorial Library and the Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet