Peggy Halstrom, 84 - September 11, 2013Peggy Lee (Brinker) Halstrom, 84, of Grand Island, formerly of Gothenburg, died Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013, at Tiffany Square in Grand Island.
Services took place at the First Presbyterian Church on Monday, Sept. 16, at 10 a.m. with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating. Interment was conducted at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Halstrom was born April 8, 1929, at Yetter, IA, daughter of Leo and Hazel (Arndt) Brinker.
She grew up at Auburn, IA, and, after graduating high school, attended Iowa State Teachers College.
On April 19, 1957, she married Harlan Halstrom at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, IA. The couple moved to Broken Bow in 1968 and lived there until 1980, then moved to Burwell and lived there until 1984 when they settled in Gothenburg.
Her husband passed away on Oct. 8, 1992, and she remained in Gothenburg until 2008 when she moved to Grand Island.
Halstrom has always enjoyed a good game of cards or bingo, and especially enjoyed casino games, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Harlan Jay Halstrom; her parents, Leo and Hazel Brinker; a brother, Mal Brinker.
Survivors include: her sons—Tim (Kay) Halstrom of Farmington, NM, Tom (Alica) Halstrom of Grand Island and Todd Halstrom of Las Vegas, NV; four grandchildren—Jackson, Elliott, Alex and Matthew; a sister-in-law, Judy McNally; numerous extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the American Diabetes Association.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout