Glenn Hicken, 77 - December 23, 2013Glenn F. Hicken, 77, of Kearney died Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
Family will receive friends for a celebration of life service from 2 to 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 27, at the O’Brien Straatmann Redinger Funeral Home with military honors conducted by the Offutt Air Force Honors Team. Interment will take place at a later date at the Kearney Cemetery.
Hicken was born April 15, 1936, at Gothenburg to Franklin and Dorothy (Lauer) Hicken. He grew up and received his education at Gothenburg.
On Oct. 19, 1954, he entered the Air Force and served during both the Korean and Vietnam War.
He was united in marriage to Jayne (Mumper) Hicken on Aug. 10, 1960, at Las Vegas, NV, where they resided.
Hicken retired after 26 years serving with the Air Force to Kearney where he was employed with Eakes Office Products.
He enjoyed fishing, modeling, and computers, according to family members.
Hicken was preceded in death by both parents.
Survivors include: his wife, Jayne Hicken; a son, Lance Hicken of Denver, CO; daughter, Paula (Craig) Stoner of Kearney; brothers—Robert Hicken of Gothenburg and Ralph Hicken of Ann Arbor, MI; a sister, Betty Hubbert of Gothenburg; grandchildren—Elliott Hicken of Edge Water, CO, Camilla Stoner of Glendale, AZ, Macy Stoner of Kearney and Michael Hicken of Denver.
Memorials are suggested to the family for future designation.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair