Terrance Lyons, 74 - February 22, 2014Terrance “Terry” Patrick Lyons, 74, of Whitney, TX, originally of North Platte, passed away Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at Town Hall Estates.
Memorial services will take place at 2 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 28, at Marshall and Marshall Funeral Directors Chapel at Whitney with the Rev. Ouseph Thekkumthala of Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church officiating. Committal services with military honors will be conducted at a later date at Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery.
Lyons was born May 18, 1939, at North Platte, to Michael Joseph and Verda (Adney) Lyons.
Following his high school career, he served 10½ years with the U.S. Navy.
On March 5, 1964, he was united in marriage to Sandra Greene at Omaha. The couple were married for 51 years.
Lyons and his wife resided the past 11 years in the Clifton/Whitney area after moving from Leander where they owned Lyons Quarter Horses.
He was a member of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary for five years.
Survivors include: his wife, Sandy Lyons of Whitney; a son, Jim Lyons of Fort Worth, TX; daughters—Brenda Lyons of Fort Worth and Debbie McKee of San Morcos; a brother, Tom Lyons of Clinton, IA; his sister, Marg Dillon of Gothenburg; grandsons—Eric McKee of San Marcos, Kevin (Sarah) Lyons of Fort Worth; great-grandsons—Ben and Will Lyons.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities