Evelyn Elsasser, 95 - February 15, 2004Evelyn P. Elsasser, 95, of Brady died Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014, at Linden Court.
Closed-casket services will be conducted at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, at the Brady Methodist Church with the Rev. Janie Freeman officiating. Burial will be at the Brady Cemetery.
A register book signing will take place from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, March 7, at Adams & Swanson Funeral Home.
Elsasser was born Nov. 3, 1918, at Brady to Fulton and Jean (Gilman) Murphy.
She graduated from Brady High School and then went on to attend college.
On July 16, 1938, she married Arno Elsasser at Brady. The couple resided at Brady where she worked as a substitute postal clerk.
Elsasser and her husband enjoyed their winters in retirement years at Tucson, AZ. Her husband preceded her in death on May 26, 2001.
She was a member of the Brady Methodist Church.
Elsasser was preceded in death by: her parents, Fulton and Jean; her husband, Arno; a brother, Dick Murphy; sister, Dorothy Mischke.
Survivors include: her son, Michael (Ann) Elsasser of Cheyenne, WY; two daughters—Geraldine Bond and Arlyn “Kay” (Bill) Rogers, all of Brady; six grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to the Brady United Methodist church.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics