Bertha Poen, 83 - March 02, 2014Bertha Poen, 83, of Gothenburg died Sunday, March 2, 2014, at Hilltop Estates in Gothenburg.
Services will take place at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel on Friday, March 7, at 3 p.m. with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating. Interment will be conducted at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
A visitation will be at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Thursday, March 6, from 1 to 8 p.m.
Poen was born May 18, 1930, at Taylor, daughter of Homer and Altha (Wright) Dishman. She grew up in Taylor and went to school in Gothenburg.
She married William “Bill” Poen, Jr. in June of 1948 at Ovid, CO. To this union, three children were born.
Poen was active with her church and enjoyed raising a garden, had a beautiful yard and loved baking bread, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, William Poen, Jr.; a son, Roy Dean Poen; her parents, Homer and Altha; two brothers—Virgil and Bill Dishman; four sisters—Irene Dubry, Marie Linblad, Violet Mludek and Elsie Arnett.
?Survivors include: two sons—Alvin (Boni) Poen of Gothenburg and Larry Poen of Emment, ID; three brothers—Harold Dishman of Laramie, WY, Albert (Linda) Dishman and David Dishman, all of Gothenburg; a sister, Lucy (Richard) Sabin of Cozad; nine grandchildren; great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews; numerous extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the Poen family, 114 Third St., Gothenburg, NE 69138.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates