James Breeden, 87 - March 02, 2014James Cecil Breeden, 87, of Cozad passed away Sunday, March 2, 2014, at Golden Living Center in Cozad.
Graveside services will be conducted at the Cozad Cemetery at 11 a.m. on Monday, March 10, with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating.
A visitation will take place at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Sunday March 9, from 2 to 6 p.m.
Breeden was born Oct. 12, 1926, at Schell City, MO, son of James L. Breeden and Dolly (Fiske) Breeden.
He graduated from Schell City High School with the Class of 1944.
Breeden entered the United States Army on Jan. 17, 1945, and served during World War II until he was honorably discharged as a staff sergeant on Aug. 28, 1946.
On Nov. 27, 1949, he married Evelyn Reiter at Lexington. To this union, two children were born.
Breeden was employed with the Union Pacific Raidroad for 40 years in the Cozad and Callaway area.
He was a member of the American Legion Post No. 77 of Cozad, the VFW Post No. 890, the Cozad Country Club and Wild Horse Golf Club of Gothenburg.
Breeden was preceded in death by: his parents, James and Dolly; his son, Bill Breeden; brother, Paul Breeden; two sisters—Fern Dodd and Kathryn Kyle.
Survivors include: his wife, Evelyn Joan Breeden of Cozad; his daughter, Kathryn (Ernest) Nelsen of North Platte; a sister, Bonnie (Steve) Pfister of Lexington; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the donor’s choice.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout