Ralph Buss, 87 - March 18, 2009
Ralph C. Buss, 87, of Cozad, died Tuesday, March 10, 2009, at the Golden Living Center in Cozad.
Graveside services were held Friday, March 13, at the Block-Buss Cemetery north of Cozad with the Rev. Irwin Edwards officiating.
Buss was born on June 17, 1921, in Dawson County, to Chris and Ollie (Brewer) Buss. He attended school in rural Cozad, then went to work for several farming operations including Blocks, Kochs and Kinnans.
On June 20, 1952, he married Artis L. Coller at Cozad. The couple made their home at Cozad where they raised their children and lived their entire married life. She preceded him in death in 2004.
He was said to have operated the first “picker/sheller machine” used in Dawson County, according to family members. He retired from farming in the mid-1980’s.
?Buss enjoyed his work and especially loved spending time with his family, said family members.
?He was preceded in death by: his wife, Artis; three grandchildren—Christopher, Toni and Tammie; a brother, Walter; sister, Freda Parsons.
?Survivors include: his daughter, Doris (Earl) Atteberry of Lincoln; a son, Jay (Gail) Buss of Cozad; brother, Arthur (Virginia) Buss of Cozad; sister, Margaret Buesing of Gothenburg; six grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established. Condolences may be shared with the family at berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair