Roxanne Dishman, 55 - February 18, 2009
Roxanne Larae Dishman, 55, of Gothenburg died Friday, Feb. 13, 2009, at Hilltop Estates of Gothenburg.
A memorial service was held on Monday, Feb. 16, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg. Burial took place at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Dishman was born May 11, 1953, at Gothenburg, to Joseph Doyle and Ruth Joyce (LaValley) Anderson. She grew up at Brady and attended Brady High School.
She had resided in Brady and in Gothenburg, and was employed with Monroe’s.
Dishman was an avid bingo player and enjoyed playing cards, gambling with family and friends and spending time with her grandchildren, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Joseph and Ruth; and her husband.
Survivors include: her children—Adam Dishman (Brieanda Sabin), and Laura (Stacey) Stephen, all of Gothenburg; four grandchildren—Keyan Anderson, Holdan Stephen, Trevin Stephen and Summer Auld; three brothers—Mark Anderson of North Platte, Gregg (Jeannie) Anderson of Omaha, and Billy (Tiffany) of Phoenix, AZ; two sisters—Sandra (Fred) Peters of Anchorage, AK, and Linda (Burton) Slack of Gothenburg; many nieces, and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the family: 76330 Hwy. 47, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com.
Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair