Donald Cyriacks, 80 - February 18, 2009
Donald A. Cyriacks, 80, of Oakhurst, CA, formerly of Dawson County, died Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2009, at Park Hill, OK, where he had been residing for the previous six months.
A private service and burial was held at the Oakhurst Cemetery.
Cyriacks was born on Sept. 28, 1928, in Dawson County, to Albert W. and Margaret (Otto) Cyriacks.
He attended rural school in the Dawson County area, and was inducted into the U.S. Army and served in Korea.
On June 3, 1955, he was united in marriage to Ruth Struempler, at the Buffalo Lutheran Church. The couple then moved to California where he lived the remainder of his life.
Cyriacks was preceded in death by: his parents, Albert and Margaret; a son, Craig Cyriacks; brother, Norman Cyriacks; sister, Rosella Dyke.
Survivors include: his wife, Ruth; his daughter, Julie (Cal) Dooley; two grandsons—Joe and Brian Dooley; a brother, LeRoy (Elsie) Cyriacks of Gothenburg; nieces and nephews.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State