Darlene Massie, 64 - October 29, 2008
Darlene R. Massie, 64, of Gothenburg, died Friday, Oct. 24, 2008, at her home.
A private inurnment service was to be held at the Cozad Cemetery.
Massie was born on Jan. 10, 1944, at Lexington, to Paul and Lina (Fritz) Kleinknecht. She attended Happy Hollow School north of Cozad, and also attended the Morning Star Church. She graduated from Cozad High School in 1962, and attended Parks Business College at Denver, CO.
She was united in marriage to Gifford Massie, Jr. in 1964 at Golden, CO. The couple resided at Golden and Wheatridge in Colorado before moving to Gothenburg in 1973, where they raised their children.
Massie will be remembered as a loving wife and a devoted mother and grandmother, according to family members. She enjoyed gardening, spending time outside, making ceramic porcelain dolls and china painting.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Paul and Lina; three half-siblings.
Survivors include: her husband, Gifford of Gothenburg; two sons—Gifford (Lexi) Massie, III, of North Platte and Tim (Tera) Massie of Gothenburg; a daughter, Sheila (Milton) Wear of Gothenburg; 12 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established. Condolences may be shared with the family at: berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500