Carl Meakins, 50 - May 21, 2008
Carl Lee Meakins, 50, step-son of Alfred L. Paul, and brother of Deborah L. Bacon and John L. Paul of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, May 13, 2008, at ManorCare Nursing Home in Waterloo, IA.
Meakins was born on May 23, 1957, at Boulder City, NV, to Marjorie June Sandberg and Paul Thomas Meakins.
He was united in marriage to Earnestine McGee on Aug. 21, 1998, at Waterloo.
Meakins enjoyed being with his family and friends as well as fishing, hunting and collecting NASCAR models, according to family members.
He is preceded in death by: his mother and father, Marjorie and Paul; his grandparents; a step-brother, two uncles and two nephews.
Survivors include: his wife, Evangelist Earnestine Meakins of Cedar Rapids, IA; step-father, Alfred L. Paul of Gothenburg; step-son, Nathanael Johnson, Jr. of Clinton, IA; step-daughters—Debra Johnson and Pertina (Scott) Garrels, all of Cedar Rapids; a sister, Deborah (Michael) Bacon of Gothenburg; brothers—Eric (Sue) Van Meakins of Loveland, CO, and John (Danita) Paul of Gothenburg; step-sisters—Jodie (Denny) Ovenden of Craig, CO, and Deborah Burris of Silva, NC; aunts—Mary Jane Springer and Bea Grass, both of Kearney; several nieces and nephews.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog