Carl Meakins, 50 - May 21, 2008
Carl Lee Meakins, 50, step-son of Alfred L. Paul, and brother of Deborah L. Bacon and John L. Paul of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, May 13, 2008, at ManorCare Nursing Home in Waterloo, IA.
Meakins was born on May 23, 1957, at Boulder City, NV, to Marjorie June Sandberg and Paul Thomas Meakins.
He was united in marriage to Earnestine McGee on Aug. 21, 1998, at Waterloo.
Meakins enjoyed being with his family and friends as well as fishing, hunting and collecting NASCAR models, according to family members.
He is preceded in death by: his mother and father, Marjorie and Paul; his grandparents; a step-brother, two uncles and two nephews.
Survivors include: his wife, Evangelist Earnestine Meakins of Cedar Rapids, IA; step-father, Alfred L. Paul of Gothenburg; step-son, Nathanael Johnson, Jr. of Clinton, IA; step-daughters—Debra Johnson and Pertina (Scott) Garrels, all of Cedar Rapids; a sister, Deborah (Michael) Bacon of Gothenburg; brothers—Eric (Sue) Van Meakins of Loveland, CO, and John (Danita) Paul of Gothenburg; step-sisters—Jodie (Denny) Ovenden of Craig, CO, and Deborah Burris of Silva, NC; aunts—Mary Jane Springer and Bea Grass, both of Kearney; several nieces and nephews.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%