Ruth Janus, 77 - April 30, 2008
Ruth Ann Janus, 77, of Cozad, died Friday, April 25, 2008, at the Cozad Community Hospital.
Services were held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday at the United Methodist Church in Eustis with the Rev. Tess Hufford officiating. Burial took take place at the East Cemetery at Eustis.
Janus was born on Jan. 19, 1931, at Eustis to Eugene and Sophia (Hueftle) Janus.
She grew up in the Eustis area where she attended school. She later moved to Cozad.
Janus was a member of the Eustis United Methodist Church.
She especially enjoyed friends and family as well as reading, writing and painting, according to family members. She always saw the beauty around her and was well respected by others.
Janus was preceded in death by: her parents, Eugene and Sophia; a brother, Kenneth Janus; a sister, Doris West; brother-in-law, John Gilbert; a niece and a nephew.
?Survivors include: her sister, Gertrude Gilbert of Bowling Green, OH; a sister-in-law, Dorothy Janus of Lexington; brother-in-law, James West of Gothenburg; seven nieces and nephews; longtime friend and guardian, Peggy Houchin of Gothenburg.
Memorials are suggested to South Central Developmental Services.
Condolences may be shared with the family at berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates