Bruce Porter, 54 - April 02, 2008
Bruce Eugene Porter, 54, of Inavale, formerly of Gothenburg, died Friday, March 14, 2008.
Graveside memorial services will be held at a later date in June, 2008, at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Porter was born June 25, 1953, at Gothenburg, to Norman and Margaret (Norsworthy) Porter.
He grew up and attended schools at Powell, WY, and Engelwood CO, and joined the U.S. Army, serving in Korea.
Following his discharge from the Army, he was employed as a construction worker.
Porter enjoyed all sports, however, Nebraska football was his favorite, according to family members.
He was preceded in death by his brother, Brian.
Survivors include: his parents, Norman and Margaret of Gothenburg; two brothers—Brad (Mary) of Fremont and Bill (Maureen) of Omaha; two sisters—Brenda (Russ) Huff of Taipei, Taiwan, and Beth (Mark) Jones of Midwest City, OK; three nieces and two nephews.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC