Jeanne Fourroux, 61 - March 12, 2008
Jeanne Ann Fourroux, 61, of Gothenburg, died Friday, March 7, 2008, at her home
Memorial services were held Wednesday at the Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg with the Rev. Matthew Groenke officiating. Inurnment took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery followed by a celebration of her life held at 1118 Ave. F, Gothenburg.
Fourroux was born on July 30, 1946, at Madison, WI, to Frank and Irene (Jensen) Haines.
She retired from the Army as a major after managing Army obstetrics floors in Germany, Korea and the United States.
Fourroux enjoyed her family and friends as well as books, golf gardening, cooking, canning, motorcycling and Christmas candy making, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by her father, Frank.
Survivors include: her daughter, Anne Schickler and son, Sylvester Fourroux of Mobile, AL; sisters—Barbara (Charles) Alderman of Brooklet, GA, and Christine Abney of Newton, GA; brothers—Frank (Patty) Haines of Slidell, LA, and Walter (Alice) Haines of Richmond Hills, GA, her mother, lrene of Newton, GA; grandchildren—Kendra and Damian Schickler of Mobile, AL; life partner, Lou Bovitz; special friends—Regis and Doug Swanson and Beverly and Eric Fenner of Gothenburg.
Memorials are suggested to Central Plains Hospice.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates