Francis Wirth, 90 - February 20, 2008
Francis Joseph Wirth, 90, of Gothenburg and North Platte, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2008, at Hilltop Estates in Gothenburg.
A memorial mass service was held at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church at North Platte on Feb. 16.
Wirth was born on June 17, 1917, to William and Genevieve Schneider Wirth at Dunbar.
He had owned and operated a Grade-A dairy farm in Dunbar.
On June 18, 1947, he was united in marriage to Elizabeth Neuhalfen at Tampa, FL.
In 1969, he moved to McCook where he owned and operated the Cedar Motel. After leaving McCook, he managed numerous motels in the region. Wirth retired and moved to North Platte in 1997 and had enjoyed wine making and gardening, according to family members.
Wirth was a member of St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in North Platte.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, William and Genevieve; his wife, Betty; six brothers—Leo, Louie, Alex, Emil, Bill and James Wirth; four sisters—Mary Kasbohm, Helen Crawford, Sally Wirth and Sister Mary Francesca.
Survivors include: three daughters—Suzanne Wirth of Denver, CO, Connie Alegria of North Platte and Kathleen (Dick) Giddings of Shakopee, MN; three sons—David Wirth of Beavercreek, OH, Stephen (Deborah Burns) Wirth of Lincoln and Stanley (Cheryl) Wirth of Beatrice; 11 grandchildren including Shannon (Matthew) Sell of Gothenburg; 11 great-grandchildren including Sydney and Grant Sell of Gothenburg.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23