Donald Hood, 61 - February 06, 2008
Donald Hood, 61, of Gothenburg, died Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
A private family service will be held at a later date.
Hood was born on May 22, 1946, at Gothenburg to Ray and Eleanor Helen (Jorgenson) Geiken.
He grew up in Gothenburg and attended Gothenburg Public Schools. After high school, he went to work as a truck driver, later retiring due to health issues.
Hood enjoyed the outdoors while hunting, fishing and trapping wild game, according to family members. He also enjoyed watching golf, tennis and football.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Ray and Eleanor; a sister-in-law and two brothers-in-law.
Survivors include: his brother, Roger Hood of Brady; three sisters—Sandra Thompson of Cozad, Norma (Evy) Sanchez of Longmont, CO, and Joan Heinen of Fort Atkinson, WI; numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the Hood Family at: 620 10th St., Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet