Mark Sawyer, 75 - January 30, 2008
Mark Francis Sawyer, 75, of Gothenburg died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2008, at the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
A private family service will be held with the Rev. Joe Sandven officiating.
Sawyer was born on Feb. 1, 1932, to Francis James and Elizabeth (Hanscom) Sawyer at Castine, ME. He grew up at Castine and graduated from Castine High School.
Following high school, he attended Colby College and graduated with a bachelors degree.
On March 23, 1967, he was united in marriage to Frances Charlene Moore at Lawrence, MA. To this union, a son was born.
Sawyer and his family moved to Gothenburg in 1971, where he resided until his death.
He had enjoyed reading his daily newspaper, according to family members.
Sawyer was preceded in death by his parents, Francis and Elizabeth.
?Survivors include: his son, Steven Mark Sawyer of South Sioux City; three daughters—Toni (Don) Finn of Fayetteville, AR, Mona (William) Price “Page” of Azle, TX, and Ruth (Dale) White of Presque Isle, ME; a brother, Thomas Sawyer of Foley, AL; two sisters—Judith (Joe) Sandven of San Diego, CA, and Mary Bartlett of Naples, FL; 10 grandchildren; special partner and ex-wife, Frances Charlene Sawyer of Gothenburg.
Memorials are suggested to the Untied Methodist Church.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout