Barbara Nielsen, 45 - November 07, 2007
Barbara D. Sokol Johnson Nielsen, 45, of Gothenburg passed away on Sunday, Nov. 4, 2007.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8, at the First Baptist Church, Gothenburg, with the Rev. Tom Harris officiating.
Burial will take place in the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Visitation will be held 1-8 p.m., Wednesday (today) with family present from 6-8 p.m. at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, Gothenburg.
Nielsen was born on Feb. 22, 1962, at Gothenburg to Leonard E. and Bonnie L. (Shaw) Sokol. She graduated from Gothenburg High School.
She worked for Gothenburg Memorial Hospital, Dr. Craig Bartruff and the First Baptist Church.
Nielsen married Ryan Nielsen at Lexington on April 8, 1994. She loved to spend time with her family and friends and her animals, the family said.
?She was preceded in death by her parents.
?Survivors include: her husband Ryan Nielsen of Gothenburg; daughter Natasha Lynn Johnson of Gothenburg; step-children—Nathan Nielsen of Atlanta, GA; and Angela Marie Davis of Gothenburg; brother Edward Sokol of Scottsbluff; sister Mary Ann Nova of Kearney; and one grandchild.
Memorials are suggested to National Breast Cancer Foundation, 2600 Network Blvd., Suite 300, Frisco, TX 75034
Online condolences can be given at www.blasestrauser.com.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair