Kent Speck, 57 - October 03, 2007
Kent C. Speck, 57, of San Diego, CA, formerly of Gothenburg, died Friday, Sept. 21, 2007.
Services will be held at a later date in San Diego.
Speck was born on July 23, 1950, at Gothenburg, to Charles and Meredith Speck.
The family moved to Redmond, OR, in 1956, where he attended Redmond schools until he enlisted in the U.S. Marines in 1968.
Following his time in service, he moved to San Diego and worked at the post office.
Speck was united in marriage to Sue Shipley of San Diego, in 1985. To this union, two children were born.
He was active in helping disabled veterans with disability compensation and other needs, according to family members.
Speck was preceded in death by his father, Charles.
? Survivors include: his two daughters—Nicole Speck and Danielle Speck of San Diego; his mother, Meredith Speck of Redmond; sisters—Barbara Williams of Terrebonne and Laurel Speck of Redmond; brothers—Kirby (Anna) Speck and Mike Speck, all of Redmond; numerous other relatives and friends.
Memorials are suggested to: Disabled American Veterans C/O Pam Smith, 611 N.E. Bellevue Dr., Apt. 408, Bend, OR 97701, or sent to: Veterans Outreach Program at 354 N.E. Greenwood, Suite 113, Bend, OR 97701.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500