Deborah Bockus, 53 - September 26, 2007
Deborah Lee (Doudney) Bockus, 53, of North Platte, died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007.
Services were held on Monday, Sept. 24, at Adams & Swanson Chapel with the Rev. Bob Deardoff officiating. Burial took place at the Riverview Cemetery at Sutherland.
Bockus was born on May 3, 1954, to Richard and Donna Browning Fanning, at Fairbury.
She attended school at Bayard, Gering and North Platte, and attended college at Mid-Plains Community College.
Bockus enjoyed painting and reading, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Donnie Bockus; a daughter, April Doudney; her grandmother, Esther Novacek.
Survivors include: a son, Christopher Fanning of North Platte; a daughter, Melissa (Jaimie) Kasson of Eustis; her mother, Donna Fanning of Hershey; her father, Richard (Kathy) Fanning of Ludell, KS; two brothers—David (Carla) Fanning of Bayard and Ken Fanning of Bridgeport; two sisters—Karen (Kelley) Wyatt of Burley, ID, and Allison (Dan) Huebner of Hershey; four grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews; special friend, Mark Williams.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be shared at: www.adamsswanson.com.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater