James Arnett, 81 - July 18, 2007
James B. Arnett, 81, of Modesto, CA, formerly of Gothenburg, died June 23, 2005, at Modesto.
Graveside memorial services will be held at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, July 22, at the Gothenburg Cemetery, where he will be laid to rest with his wife, Elsie, as requested. The Rev. Larry Viter will officiate the service.
Arnett was born on Feb. 27, 1923, at Wellston, OK.
He was united in marriage to Elsie Etty Dishman of Gothenburg. The couple resided in Gothenburg for many years.
Arnett honorably served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include: three sons—Travis or Florence OR, Ricky of Galt, CA, and Charles of Atlanta, GA.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates