Richard Young, 51 - June 13, 2007
Richard “Chief” Young, 51, of Spearfish, SD, formerly of Gothenburg and Cozad, died Monday, June 4, 2007, at Denver, CO.
Memorial services were held on Tuesday, June 12, at the Berryman Funeral Home Chapel at Cozad with the Rev. Terry Pool officiating.
Young was born Sept. 24, 1955, at Ocean Side, CA, to Eugene and Marian Livermont Young.
He attended school in Gothenburg and graduated from Gothenburg High School.
Young then moved to Cozad where he was employed by Cozad Services, and in 1998, he moved to Spearfish.
He had enjoyed fishing and playing softball, according to family members.
Young was preceded in death by: his parents, Eugene and Marian; a brother, Roby.
?Survivors include: two sons—Robert (Tara) Young of Gothenburg and Jonas Young of Cozad; two daughters—Alicia (Floyd) Sheel of Cozad and Lucinda Young of Denver; nine grandchildren—Bryse, Peyton, Dawson, Adriain, Alisiah, Isaiah, Adysn, Jalen and Halona; brother, Ed Young of Spearfish; sister, Marlene (Bill) Turner of Arizona.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be shared at: berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet