Jessie Davis, 91 - May 02, 2007
Jessie H. Davis, 91, of Gothenburg, died Thursday, April 26, 2007, at Hilltop Estates of Gothenburg.
Services were held on Tuesday, May 1, at the American Lutheran Church of Gothenburg with the Rev. Matthew Groenke officiating. Burial was at the Peckham Cemetery.
Davis was born on Sept. 15, 1915, at her family’s home in Gothenburg, the fifth child of Robert and Grace (Aunspaugh) Davis.
She attended country school at District 84 through the eighth grade.
Davis worked as a housekeeper, caretaker and a baby sitter. She also cleaned the Haythorn Ranch.
She had raised chickens and enjoyed gardening, sewing and quilting, according to family members.
?She was preceded in death by: three sisters—Opal Kicker, Dorothy Davis and Helen Giboney; two brothers—Wyatt and Kenneth Davis.
?Survivors include: her sister, Edna Mauer of Gothenburg; sister-in-law, Lela Davis of Gothenburg; numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the American Lutheran Church.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout