Evelyn Walter, 78 - February 28, 2007
Evelyn I. Walter, 78, of Cozad, died Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2007, at the Golden Living Care Center.
Services were held on Monday, Feb. 26, at the Berryman Funeral Home Chapel at Cozad with the Rev. Terry Pool officiating. Burial was at the Cozad Cemetery.
Walter was born on June 1, 1928, in Frontier County to Elmer and Ida Seybold Maret. She attended school in rural Frontier County.
On Nov. 18, 1947, she was united in marriage to Harvey E. Walter at Julesburg, CO. The couple made their home at Cozad throughout their entire married life.
Among her many hobbies, she enjoyed playing cards, fishing, gardening and camping, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Harvey in 2004; a brother, Merle; three sisters—Dorothy, Agnes, and Eunice; son-in-law, Larry Meester.
Survivors include: a son, Harvey (Cindy) Walter of Cozad; a daughter, Linda Meester of Cozad; two sisters—Faye Claflin of Cambridge and Beulah (Lawrence) Hall of Cozad; three grandchildren—Wyatt (Sandy) Meester, Becky (Kevin) Brooks and Heidi DeHarty; nine great-grandchildren—Nathaniel, Jessica, Cali, Raven, Sky, Sarah, Sonja, Donnie and Andrea.
Online condolences may be shared with the family at: berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.