Cornelius ‘Neil’ McCarthy, 69 - February 24, 2010
Cornelius Francis “Neil” McCarthy, 69, of Omaha, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, Feb. 15, 2010, at Immanuel Medical Center in Omaha after a courageous battle with cancer.
Mass of Christian burial took place on Saturday, Feb. 20, 2010, at St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Lexington with the Rev. Paul Colling officiating. Burial was at St. Ann’s Catholic Cemetery at Lexington.
McCarthy was preceded in death by: his son, Robert Anthony; an infant daughter, Christine Anne; an infant grandson, Tyler Anthony; his parents, Cornelius and Francis; a sister, Janet.
Survivors include: his wife of 49 years, Rosemary; his sons—Jerry (Lori) of Blair, Chris (partner, Jimmy Victor) of Omaha; a daughter, Trueline; grandchildren—Kristina, Mason, Evan and Dominque.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for the complete paper on-line on Wednesday afternoons.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST